Wait … did someone say slime?
Have you heard the whispers of slime transactions happening in school bathrooms? Have your neighbours started an online slime shop? Do you find slime videos extremely satisfying to watch? If you have answered yes to all these questions, then you have been sucked into the slime craze.
Welcome to our world.
Hold on! Before you go back to YouTube to watch your “How to make slime” videos, your oddly satisfying slime ASMR, and videos on how to make the fluffiest slime in the world, you should become familiar with the simple base glossy slimes, the OG slime, the one that started it all. Base slimes are the perfect canvas for your imagination, the possibilities are truly endless! Your base slime could become cloud slime, butter slime, glitter slime or even sherbet slime! Slime allows you to be creative, as you can use your imagination to customise and personalise your base slime to fit your unique slime personality.
Ahhh…the world of slime is truly beautiful, an art form really. Be slimy and discover the craziest slime trends and be a part of the craze that’s taking the world by storm. Happy Sliming!
Here is an amazing recipe to get you started!
- 200ml of White Glue
- A couple of pumps of lotion
- 50 – 100ml of Activator ( Mix 1tsp borax to 1 cup warm water)
- Food colouring (optional)
- Add-ins such as sprinkles and charms (optional)
- Container (to store the slime)
- Pour glue into the bowl (the more glue you use the more slime you get!)
- Add 1-2 pumps of lotion into the glue, this helps the slime become softer and stretchier.
- Add 1-2 drops of food colouring, or until you get your desired slime colour.
- Try adding decorations and slime add ins into the slime mixture.
- Next, add your borax solution into the bowl slowly. Add the solution drop by drop and mix while you're adding it. Keep adding the solution until it starts to pull away from the bowl.
- Finally, take the slime out of the bowl and start to knead it with your hands. You’ll find it’s a bit sticky at first, but the more you knead it, the less sticky it will become and start to become like slime. If you feel like it's still too sticky, add more activator to it.